There are many reasons to push toward a paperless office. Going ‘green’ is a high priority on most organization’s lists. Another top reason is to lower costs by maximizing the efficiency of your organization therefore adding to the bottom line. Storing information electronically saves space, time, and money, providing it is done correctly.
Here are 5 things to think about when moving toward a paperless office. It will allow your management to gain insight, collaborate, make decisions, and take action. As always, we must focus on accessing information in a way that is seamless, synchronized, and secure.
- Going paperless is the future of the workplace and getting your employees on board with your vision has to be the first step. Encouraging them to think before they print is one of the best places to start.
- Preview documents prior to printing them – perhaps there is no need to print a particular document, or certain pages within that document containing unneeded information. Documents and reports can be saved as a PDF for future review, as well as emailed to others that need to review it, rather than printing and distributing multiple copies.
- loadingDOCS is a perfect example of software created with the focus of going ‘green’ and maximizing the functionality that a paperless office provides.
- Ensure your electronic documentation storage is secure, encrypted if necessary, and backed up. Consider additional local back up periodically.
- When creating a paperless office you must be careful to avoid ‘siloization’ of data, which is placing identical data in a number of different folders, therefore resulting in a lack of consistency and varying data that may have been changed in one of these areas, but not another.
Decreasing the amount of paper your office uses will pay off in more than one way. Not only are you contributing to the global effort of creating sustainability, you also decrease the costs of your business. Seems like a no brainer. That’s why we have incorporated loadingDOCS into the Complete Enterprise Solution; it fits together, and works together, to increase profitability and grow your real estate brokerage. For more information please contact email@example.com.