You go to a café, order a drink and sit down. You start working on your laptop. Your phone buzzes with emails, texts. You’re connected to the office. Confident in your technology.
But as you look around, you notice things.
The barista has a sleek pink Fitbit, the new version. Every step she takes to the carafe and back sends her fitness metrics to the cloud and then to her own personalized tracking site.
The front ‘cash’ rings in eTransfers with an iPad. Even if you wanted to pay cash, they probably don’t have any change on hand.
The café’s music is voice-activated, run by Bluetooth through Amazon Echo. No wires. No worries.
A gentleman leaving the café wears a digital watch. He communicates through the watch by tapping it. He gets to the parking lot, hops into a Tesla and reverses effortlessly out of his parking space. You wouldn’t have even known his car was on for the lack of an engine noise!
You look back at your tech and shiver.
You realize your trusted phone is three years old and 2.1 versions out of date. Your car guzzles gas like nobody’s business, your watch actually ticks and your laptop doesn’t even have a retina display!
The realization sets in: you’re out-of-touch with today’s technology. How did this happen? This is not a good feeling!
Don’t worry. These feelings are normal. You’re not out of touch or outdated.
What you’re feeling is tech envy. Check out this infographic on this all-too common problem.
Tech envy is real. And it’s relevant to the way you do business.
As a consumer-facing company, the pressure you face is threefold:
- consumers demand the most current technology in their real estate experience
- agents clamour to use these technologies to connect with their clients and communicate with the front desk
- your brokerage needs to input every single activity these two parties undertake and then process their results on the back end
You need so much technology to run a brokerage that the prospect of getting everything you feel you need is practically overwhelming.
So what do you do?
Click here to download the eBook and learn how to defeat tech envy for good!
Latest posts by Nick Gaede (see all)
- The Tech Ecosystem of a Thriving Real Estate Brokerage - March 28, 2017
- 3 Technology Changes Occurring In Real Estate—Right Now - March 22, 2017
- Green Things to Celebrate on Saint Patrick’s Day! - March 17, 2017