Imagine a map with borders vs. no borders. If you picture it with borders all you see is the same old map. Take away the lines and everything’s different.
When you challenge the way you think about things, you encourage original thoughts. Original thoughts are necessary for original action. Because how you think about things is directly linked to how you do things.
Reproducing previous efforts is not original. Every new project needs a new approach. Doing things differently is what being creative is all about.
Contrary to popular belief, creativity is not the exclusive talent of a chosen few, but something we all have. The only difference between yourself and a ‘creative’ is that ‘creatives’ have learned to challenge how they think about things and in doing so have liberated themselves to pursue original action.
Here are some examples of how this might apply to real estate:
- Imagine your website copy with no exclamation marks.
- Write a listing description without any adjectives or adverbs.
- Hire a wedding photographer instead of a real estate photographer.
When you challenge the way you think about things, you’ll uncover a host of frivolous standards that have prevented you from doing original things.
So think original. And you’ll be original.
Latest posts by Nick Gaede (see all)
- Challenge Yourself to Inspire Creativity - May 11, 2017
- The One Life Lesson We Can Take Away From The Maddening Sport Of Golf - May 9, 2017
- How to Make Your Brokerage a Smooth Operator - May 2, 2017